- Lead Counselor – Core City Basketball Summer Camp – Summer Job Position- must be returning to College or University in the Fall.
- Apply Now
Wage : $ 16.00 to $18.00 depending on experience
Hours : 8:30am-4:30pm – Monday to Friday
Core City Hoops has vacancy for the above position. Our Focus on Youth Summer Camp provides a positive, safe, environment where youth can develop to their full potential. This position provides you an opportunity to contribute to the wellbeing and full participation of children in our community as well as gaining valuable experience to add to your resume.
• Supervision of assigned group
• Leading/instructing all programs
• Planning and delivering daily activities
• Full and active participation in all program activities both physical and academic
• Participation in weekly staff meetings
• Organizing and delivering weekly themed programming in the sport of basketball
• Develop weekly program schedules for specific age section – each week a different age group
• Mentoring School Board Staff and any additional staff for programme
• Providing feedback on performance
• Support for School Board staff and any additional staff hired for programme
Qualifications & Experience :
• Valid Standard CPR/Standard First Aid is required
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Position Screen is required
Core City Hoops Opportunity :
• An opportunity to work in a charitable organization open to all regardless of background, belief or ability
• A connection to a local organization that has been Core Centered since the early 90’s
• Focus on team concepts and positive experiences.
• Hands-on training and transferable skills which will set you up for success now and in the future.
• A terrific opportunity to use skills to gain experience in group instruction and in teaching.
How to Apply :
1. Submit resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Our expectations are that you will show your ability at an open gym in April to demonstrate your ability to transfer learned skills to a group of youth with the assistance of high school hires who will be working the programme. Application process is open to any individual that can demonstrate the ability to teach large groups.